Newest Members
Newbe, 220proline, Eit21, JoeA, WoodyK
6827 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152101 - 10/20/11 12:55 PM 10/20
fishheadnj Offline

Loc: Barnegat
Greetings - The past couple of weeks have been good mostly with the long rods in the back and most of the bass I have been landing are resident fish under 25", in some out of the way spots, although the sods are giving up bass and blues- out front, the rocks are yielding some very nice fish- we have been looking more than catching but--- This past Tuesday we made a left turn at the rocks at 0700 after trying a spot inside, I stopped on some interesting marks, all weakfish, I did hear some chatter on the radio from Billy T. - next the cell went off and I was told to crank it up -don't stop just get here!! -- at the pier I could see fish busting, as I eased up into about a mile long streach of breaking fish, it sounded like a rain storm, with the bunker busting, 30 pound class bass crashing and rolling and eating tasty bunker snacks- bunker flying and some twelve pound plus alligators slamming anything in their way-- EPIC FISHING as Seatow Jeff put it - Just one of those days you don't forget, we released one huge bass at the boat(quick release), and boated a couple of slammers one weighed at 14 and some change-- oh, all on the fly rods!! CATCHEMUP

#152268 - 10/23/11 04:09 PM Re: 10/20 [Re: fishheadnj]
LouS Offline
Captain

Loc: Barnegat, NJ
Captain Al,

Thank for the report as well as the email with the flowers.

Tight lines always on the long rod!

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
9/4 Fluke
Fly Rod Holders
8/24 Fluke
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6827 Members
70 Forums
33582 Topics
219932 Posts

Max Online: 495 @ 06/08/24 10:15 PM