Newbe, 220proline, Eit21, JoeA, WoodyK
6827 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28773 - 06/03/07 07:42 PM RESULTS / Ducks Unlimited STriper Shootout
JMitchell Offline
First Mate

Loc: Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Congratulations to all the participants in this years 2nd Annual Ducks Unlimited Striper Shootout! It was a great tournament with a final tally of 39 boats fishing the tournament.

Special thanks to L & H Woods and Water, South Harbor Marine, The FISHERMAN Magazine, Antonio's Pizza and Italian Restaurant, Tow Boat US, and all of the other sponsor's!

Thanks to all the help we had from Larry Hillman, Eric Lippencott, Joe DeMartino, Dawn from L & H, and all the others that helped set this tournament in motion! Everyone did a great job!

Here are the final results:

Striped Bass:
1st - "Mako Machine" / Vinny D'Alessandro, 38.9 lbs
2nd - "Dad's Gift" / Dennis Fairburn, 38.5 lbs
3rd - "Still Smokin'" / Chris Chanti, 37.6 lbs.

Fluke:
Heaviest - "Never Home" / Michael 4.2 lbs

Bluefish:
Heaviest - "Master Baiter" / Chris LaGrossa, 16.4 lbs

Edited by sunharborbayclub (06/03/07 11:09 PM)

Joe

#28779 - 06/03/07 09:44 PM Re: RESULTS / Ducks Unlimited STriper Shootout [Re: JMitchell]
She's A Keeper Offline

Loc: Parrish, FL
Thanks to Ducks Unlimited, Sun Harbor and L&H for a great tournament this year! We'll definitely see you next year.

Dennis

2002 Sportcraft 3150
Repowered with twin 383 stroker Mercruisers

#28813 - 06/04/07 09:23 AM Re: RESULTS / Ducks Unlimited STriper Shootout [Re: She's A Keeper]
DewJigger Offline

Loc: Waretown, NJ
Joe: Great job. I'm impressed with the 39 boats.
Sure as heck beats the 8 that we have so far!!!

#28814 - 06/04/07 09:48 AM Re: RESULTS / Ducks Unlimited STriper Shootout [Re: DewJigger]
Rambunctious Offline
Sponsor - Charter Captain

Loc: Barnegat, NJ
Joe,
Another great job! Many thanks to all the folks involved in putting on this great local tournament. And a special thanks to Sun Harbor for the excellent post-tourney food fest... my clients have already booked me for next year!
Jack

#28832 - 06/04/07 11:59 AM Re: RESULTS / Ducks Unlimited STriper Shootout [Re: Rambunctious]
JMitchell Offline
First Mate

Loc: Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Don't be discouraged Larry, there were only 18 sign-ups as of the start of the Captain's Meeting. Alot of the guys were waiting to see the weather. If nothing else, it will be a great time. I will tell you this, even the anglers that did not place had absolutely no complaints about the festivities and fun at the marina! Everyone seemed to be happy.

Thanks Capt. Jack......it was good to see such a turnout for the tournament. Each year it will grow. Last year there were 43 entries, but that was when the tournament was open to all NJ waters. This year it was basically just Ocean County and we still had the 39 boats fish it! Heard nothing but good things from everyone at the awards buffet / beer! Take care.

Joe

#28870 - 06/04/07 08:39 PM Re: RESULTS / Ducks Unlimited STriper Shootout [Re: JMitchell]
c-witch Offline
Commander

Loc: Waretown
Jack are you fishing our tourny?

#28902 - 06/05/07 08:43 AM Re: RESULTS / Ducks Unlimited STriper Shootout [Re: c-witch]
Rambunctious Offline
Sponsor - Charter Captain

Loc: Barnegat, NJ
Jeff,
I wish I was, but my charter clients on the 16th are new to me and it seemed a little wierd for me to sign them up for something they know nothing about. I was booked specifically to fish the DU and Jersey Coast Anglers Association tournies by the same guys that booked me for them in past years.

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
9/4 Fluke
Fly Rod Holders
8/24 Fluke
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6827 Members
70 Forums
33582 Topics
219932 Posts

Max Online: 495 @ 06/08/24 10:15 PM