Quote:
Originally posted by Empty Pocket$:
I am having an adhesion problem. It looks like when the factory did the first application of bottom paint they either did not rough up the barrier coat enough or didn't remove the wax from the mold. I am now seeing sections of paint just falling off. Can I use the Peel Away Marine Strip II, give a light sanding on the barrier and then apply new bottom paint? The II version is supposed to leave the barrier coat intact.
It was either one of two things. The people who preped the boat did not use Interlux 202 or eqivelant on the hull to remove mold release, oil, dirt, etc and it caused the barrier coat not to adhere right. The other thing would be they did not put the coat of bottom paint on in time. It MUST be applied within 7 hours after the final coat of barrier coat.

If the paint is falling off and the barrier coat is still there then they waited to long. If everything falls off then the whole thing was not done right.

Now for the worst part. Either way, no matter what they did wrong the entire boat must be stripped and totally redone. The barrier coat acts like a primer and even if you scuff it up the barrier coat will reject the paint and continue to keep falling off.

Personally I would go back to the place who did it and raise :xxx:. There are two places that I know of that did this last year. One of them did it once and the other one did it at least 10 times to customers of mine.
Make sure to like our Facebook page

WE ARE A DEALER FOR ALL MAJOR ELECTRONICS, WE WILL MATCH ANY PRICE! PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!