During one of our many snow storms, I managed to have my wife's 2002 Saturn wagon (196,500miles) become intimately aquainted with the plow mounted on the front of an F150 on an unplowed side road in Toms River. OH well... We weren't looking for a new car but just wanted to look at the various models of Subarus as my wife is fussy about the size of car she will drive, and frankly, Subarus have gotten bigger over the years and while I had experience with the older ones, was clueless as to which one my wife would drive.

The trip to Lester Glenn Subaru, TR, was ( and we explained this to the sales person) a scouting expedition, not a shopping trip. OK... he was still willing to spend time with us and take us out in various models to "get a fit" for a future shopping trip for a gently used car... no pressure, no hustle from him or anyone else. It turns out that they had a dealer loaner car, just the right model (Crosstrek XV), color, options, and made us an offer ( politely, no hustle, no pressure) we could not refuse. So... we bought it!
Best new car buying experience I've EVER had ( since 1963!).
May have to revise my " I hate ALL car dealer" opinion :-)

Edited by Retriever (03/28/15 03:03 PM)
Atlantic Salt Water Flyrodders, Seaside Park, NJ