Kathyg, DStrike, Tiderunner, Bsusk, BillStratton
6810 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#225084 - 11/16/16 04:45 AM Update
Capt Keith Offline
First Mate

Loc: Waretown,New Jersey
We are scheduled to fish every day this month , Its difficult to update each trip we are posting on FB daily. The fishing has been inconsistent however it seems to be improving. Last Friday we fished 18 miles to the north in 30 feet of water and were happy to pull 2 fish from some bait that was in tight to the beach with a whale . Both bites came on Mojos. There was not much going on Friday we felt very fortunate with 2 . With the slow fishing and a customer that was not too enthused with a few in his group dropping out of the trip, we decided to sit it out Saturday,which sounded like a good decision. On sunday we decided to stick with bait fishing and managed to catch 6 fish in the morning and after it slowed down we headed in early. On Monday we bait fished in the morning and managed 5 fish early ,then reports from Manasquan were great I was told that the water was white with fish in the dark just above their inlet . We pulled up and started running up there . On the way just below the Bathing Beach we saw birds and some activity, Bret liked what we saw there , I was still bent on running up. We slowed down and looked it over, then we saw fish rolling on top, now there was no question . We started fishing and found non stop bites on everything we put in the water by 8:45 am we had 16 fish and decided it was enough, we were unable to get more than 2 lines in the water. We have been working hard to put a catch together each day and it was nice to Have the fish finally FIND US for a change. These fish were from 38" to 45 ". Reports from Harvey Cedars to Shark river were the same. Anxious to get back out we all met at the boat Monday morning the weather forecast was all over the place with direction NW to N to NE well it ended up being NE to just over 20 and rain . We let a few boats from up north go and they all either turned around or canceled , we decided to bag it . We will be out today hopefully the weather didn't change things it looked unbelievable on Monday.I will update here and FB as soon as I can. Good Luck to all that get out.
Check out our FB page for Pics of our last trip
Capt Keith and Bret

Edited by Capt Keith (11/17/16 03:18 AM)

#225135 - 11/17/16 03:20 AM Re: Update [Re: Capt Keith]
Capt Keith Offline
First Mate

Loc: Waretown,New Jersey

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
5/7 Fluke
Blue and bass
Black Drum
Who's Online
2 registered (evil one, Reef Dog), 124 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6810 Members
70 Forums
33445 Topics
219219 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM