Decided to jump on a friends boat and head offshore with to check things out for upcoming trips. We left the dock at 1 am and headed to the Lindy area. We arrived just before first light there was about 20 boats there. Talked to a few friends that spent the night other than a few shark bites it was an uneventful night for those we spoke to. We set up on the troll and fished the Lindy for awhile then heard there were a few small 30" yellowfin caught in the Spencer we trolled that way . We did see 2 white marlin in our spread and had 2 tunna misses (1 on our spreader bar and 1 on our ballyhoo) on the way there. One of Bobs friends caught 3 small yellowfin ( best I heard of all day) we did get a 30" YFT in the Spencer and saw 3 others miss our baits. Later in the day we decided to jump some pots and caught 10 Mahi one was a solid gaffer the others were small.
There were plenty of boats fishing and staying the night I should get some more information tonight . It was pretty quiet overall where we were fishing.
I have several customers that want to go, it's hard for me to justify when fishing is like this.Hopefully the guys that stayed last night had some good fishing.