Garvey, Kathyg, DStrike, Tiderunner, Bsusk
6811 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83943 - 12/13/08 09:25 PM Winterized motor
ttpop Offline

Loc: Manahawkin NJ
Jim,
Just wanted to let you know that my brother and I finally pulled our boats and winterized the motors today. We followed everything you showed us at the course and the whole process was done without a hitch. The cost of your course vs the knowledge gained was in my opinion money very well spent. Thanks again for all your help.

Steve

#83945 - 12/13/08 11:55 PM Re: Winterized motor [Re: ttpop]
jawz Offline
Captain

Loc: cape may nj
hey steve,no problem...it was my pleasure to show you guys how to service your engines the correct way...
any questions,please feel free to contact me...

#83955 - 12/14/08 02:47 PM Re: Winterized motor [Re: jawz]
Sea Smoke Offline
Captain

Loc: Hamilton Sq.
Jawz,

When and where do you offer a courses?

#83959 - 12/14/08 05:14 PM Re: Winterized motor [Re: Sea Smoke]
jawz Offline
Captain

i hold a day long course concerning servicing your engine,also,we end up covering quite a few other topics as well.i had one this saturday,2 guys were all the way from southern maryland.
cost is $150 per person and we pretty much cover everything.it's much more than just winterizing an engine.
i plan on holding one more for the season.then,i'm gonna hold a few concerning basic 12v electricity-seems most guys have the most problems concerning electrical.i will teach you troubleshooting skills.we'll cover 12v wiring,multiple batteries,how to install multiple batteries the correct way-read that as seperated and dedicated.we'll cover making connections the correct way,and we'll cover abyc codes concerning wiring and ship's systems.
everything is "hands on",you learn how to do it by doing it.you will learn how to diagnose a problem,not just repalce parts and hope for the best...
these are held at my shop,in cape may court house and i limit the class size to 5 people.
some one stated,"grog",that i have been doing this for a while,not true,this is the first time i offered this.any of these classes will save you money down the line.if you learn how to service your engine,pull the lower unit and repalce the water pump,yourself,you've saved a considerible amount of money right ? way more than you spent for the class.same deal with the electrical class,if you've got a problem and you can find the fault and repair it yourself,you hit the bonous plan,right idea?
if any of you guys are interested in either of these classes,post up,lemme know...

#83974 - 12/14/08 07:12 PM Re: Winterized motor [Re: jawz]
Sea Smoke Offline
Captain

Loc: Hamilton Sq.
I would be interested in the outboard class and potentially the electrical.

#84014 - 12/15/08 09:39 AM Re: Winterized motor [Re: Sea Smoke]
jawz Offline
Captain

Originally Posted By: Striker-Joe
I would be interested in the outboard class and potentially the electrical.

i'll post it up when it's gonna be...i'm thinkin' this saturday,for outboard service.
if i have you and another guy,it's on...

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
5/7 Fluke
Blue and bass
Black Drum
Who's Online
0 registered (), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6811 Members
70 Forums
33451 Topics
219233 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM