Kathyg, DStrike, Tiderunner, Bsusk, BillStratton
6810 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#89366 - 03/20/09 08:26 AM shamrock marine/palmer marine
jawz Offline
Captain

Loc: cape may nj
this issue has been kicked around alot-lots of untruths and halfstories too,here's the truth...

shamrock boats is outta buisness,bladen composites,outta buisness-bladen county took over on the factory due to the fact bo palmer,owner of both shamrock boats and bladen composites,never paid anything to bladen county-he owes the county of bladen north carolina in excess of $1,000,000.00
plamer never purchased albin,he didn't have the money,he sold defiant boats to another group,and he's working for them.he's claiming bankrupcy...here's a few facts...there's pictures of a 246 shamrock on this section of the forum-click here...

http://bhweb.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=84018#Post84018

palmer agreed to "pay something towards the repairs" for the owner of this boat,this was last summer...palmer had the paper work he asked for,including pictures,in august-the entire time he's been stringing the owner of this boat along,palmer himslef and his wife "rose","check is in the mail"...now,last week in febuary,the news comes out about the factory being taken over by bladen county for default,by palmer...a few weeks prior to that,the owner of the boat was assured,a check was in the mail...nice huh ??yesterday,the owner of this boat,mr jim castiglia,president of the townsends inlet yacht club got a letter in the mail from shamrock boats,claiming they were unable to pay him anything...funny huh idea? after being told "check is in the mail" so many times,now the truth comes out...a copy of the letter is being sent to me,i'll post that letter as soon as i get it...if anyone doubts me,click here and call the number,the gentleman you want to speak to is named chuck heustess http://www.bladeninfo.org/economy/index.html

what do you guys think about this idea? would you consider palmer an honest man idea? now that he's workign for defiant boats,would you purchase a defiant boat idea? does anyone own a shamrock still under the hull warranty idea

it amazes me that people can actually defend this palmer guy idea how idea?

i will gladly provide the owner of the boat's phone number to anyone who wishes to contact him regarding this...

i urge anyone,and i mean anyone,that's even thinking of looking at a defiant boat to reconsider that.think about if the boat needs work under warranty and the company has gone belly up...the price of the repair on this shamrock was pretty high,fact is,the boat came from the factory built that way,poor workmanship,plain and simple...

i wanted to get my side of the story out there...if anyone has any questions or concerns about this,feel free to contact me...this is a disgrace,and this palmer guy should be ashamed of himself,he's a liar as well as a cheat...

#89383 - 03/20/09 10:46 AM Re: shamrock marine/palmer marine [Re: jawz]
Retriever Offline
Captain

Loc: Island Heights, NJ
First... I am NOT defending Mr. Palmer, et al.. BUT..

There is a little known proviso in the Federal Bankruptcy Laws that allows the court appointed receiver to recover any payments made to creditors (payroll excepted) that have been made within the 90 days prior to filing of the Bankruptcy.

How I know this (since I'm not a lawyer)....

Back some years ago I owned a small electronics design and manufacturing company in Bergen county. A "small" company named BULOVA WATCH ran a tab on me well in excess of $5000. (No, we didn't make watches, we were makig some subassemblies for a militay contract they had) After many calls and check is in the mail promises, I finally refused to ship anymore subassemblies until I got some big money. They sent a check for $5000.
85 days later they filed bankruptcy... We had to return the money, which by that time we had used to pay our bills.
BTW... we never saw a dime of that...ever.

Soooo... even if "Mr. C" had gotten the check (and it didn't bounce, a common problem pre Bankruptcy) he probably would have had to return the money...

Also... if Shamrock filed Bankruptcy, then any open hull warranties are...worthless.
Atlantic Salt Water Flyrodders, Seaside Park, NJ

#89425 - 03/20/09 06:41 PM Re: shamrock marine/palmer marine [Re: Retriever]
jawz Offline
Captain

this just really chaps my azz ! this palmer guy has been promising to pay this guy since august,it's almost april,and now he gets a letter...this guy palmer is trash,plain and simple...i don't understand how scum bags like him can actually sleep at nite,knowing the lies they tell and the people they've cheated...

#89515 - 03/23/09 09:54 AM Re: shamrock marine/palmer marine [Re: jawz]
jawz Offline
Captain

click on this link...it gives another person's problems and concerns with shamrock and palmer marine...

i have no axe to grind with this guy palmer,the idea here is to keep other's from being cheated and lied to,just as these guys have...be very careful if you're considering the defiance line of boats-palmer is involved with the group of investors who purchased the line-with the dealings in the past,i would expect to see and read more of this type of problems...

http://www.sportfishermen.com/board/f17/shamrock-boats-bankrupted-68903.html

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
5/7 Fluke
Blue and bass
Black Drum
Who's Online
5 registered (Reef Dog, gigabite, Bmatt, robert lay, Gene H), 159 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6810 Members
70 Forums
33449 Topics
219229 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM