carrying extra fuel...i read this on another site i participate on-"i strap down a few 5 gallon jugs on my swim platform" "when i'm offshore,i pour them in the tank"...
this may offend a few of you-sorry in advance...
this is the dumbest thing i've read,this is advertising you're stupid,and asking for trouble...another "genius" suggested he uses "an old fuel pump,scavenged from an old efi motor,mounted on a piece of plywood"...
i realize necisity is the mother of invention,but...this is pushing the boundries of common sense,yes idea?
bladder tanks are equally as bad,ever see one marked "coast guard aproved " idea the name of the game is to be as safe as possible,yes idea? you're responsible for your crew-remember that...if you need to have more fuel,and you've got an outboard powered boat,it's a simple fix,bring along a portable tank,plug it in to the fuel seperator and off you go,run it till it's dry,then move it forward out of the way...
inboards and sterndrives are a little different,you will need an aux tank installed...look for room,you WILL find it,this is the safest way to do it...if you can't do that,then get a nother boat,one with more fuel capacity...
DO NOT TRANSFER FUEL AT SEA WITH FUNNELS AND 5G CANS...