Target Splash Date

Posted by: James Gang

Target Splash Date - 02/25/14 12:13 AM

Looking to be in the water by St Patrick's Day. Need to do some work on the boat, but this past weekend's warm weather gave me a jump start. Updates to follow with the first dates for open boat trips for ling, blackfish, and cod.

Thanks
JT
Posted by: Capt Keith

Re: Target Splash Date - 02/25/14 12:22 PM

Good to hear John.Can't come Quick Enough, long winter.
Posted by: Jersey Joe

Re: Target Splash Date - 02/25/14 01:35 PM

It was a welcome change sweating while working on the boat this weekend. The winter has only kept me from not working on the boat for two weekends. Not bad considering the winter we have had. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope to be in around the same time.

Re: Target Splash Date - 02/27/14 10:33 PM

Last weekend was just a tease I guess. It'll will be here before you know it Keith.

I knew that old Aquasport was your boat before I saw the caption. The shine on the hull gave it away, I could almost see myself in the picture.

Posted by: John's Joy

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/03/14 08:50 AM

I haven't even looked under JJ's cover yet...But I will really soon !!!

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/03/14 06:38 PM

Paul, this weekend is going to warm up a little. Going to start hitting the punch list I put together before putting the boatin the water. Only way for me to insure everything gets done before fishing begins.

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/03/14 08:29 PM

I'm hoping to get to 90% this weekend. Looking to splash the 21st the latest.
Posted by: John's Joy

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/03/14 08:56 PM

Thanks for that weather update JT but I'm in Mariners School for the next 3 weekends including Fridays - I'm going for my 100 ton. Unfortunately I'm still unemployed at this moment in time, but looking at the brighter side - I can work on JJ during the week. Funny...my punch list started right after last years splashdown!

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/04/14 09:24 AM

Just schedule our launch date...10 am on the 21st! Can't wait!!!

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/04/14 05:08 PM

Very nice Joe, good luck this year. No date for us yet. Going to depend on when the new motors get bolted to the transom. smile

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/04/14 07:24 PM

Thanks JT, you too and good luck with your to do list.
Posted by: FishinMission

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/04/14 09:40 PM

Uncovering the boat Saturday and then into the shop Monday for transom repair!! By the time it gets out, should be time to splash!
Posted by: REELREACTION

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/08/14 03:37 PM

JT - what happened to your old motors - verados.

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/10/14 08:42 AM

I gave my motors to Doug Blood for parts as part of the deal.

The starboard motor developed a slow oil leak in a seal in the super charger. To fix it, I would need a new super charger and didn't want to spend the money on motors with 2500 hours. The new motors are his trade-in that he has been servicing since new. I am going from 225s to 275s, and they only have 200 hours on them.

Thanks
JT
Posted by: Njlou

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/10/14 04:47 PM

That boat's going to fly.

Re: Target Splash Date - 03/16/14 01:47 PM

The boat is painted, waxed, and ready for the splash as soon as the new motors are bolted on. Looks like it is going to be about another week as long as we get some good weather.

Going to post a target open boat trip schedule.

Thanks
JT

Re: Target Splash Date - 04/01/14 01:41 PM

Finally going in tomorrow morning to test the new motors. Been a long cold winter and I am looking forward to fishing again. I might add a open boat trip for the 11th if all goes well tomorrow.

Thanks

JT
Posted by: Griff164

Re: Target Splash Date - 04/02/14 03:37 AM

Good luck with the splash, I just started waxing and have a few repairs to do then in she goes. Hope we all have a great striper season, it seems like forever since the last one came over the side....

Re: Target Splash Date - 04/02/14 01:05 PM

Thanks Rick, the boat ran great this morning. New motors topped out at 37 knots on the GPS with a cruise around 28. It won't be long until we're both out there chasing bass.

Good luck getting everything ready.
Posted by: She's A Keeper

Re: Target Splash Date - 04/03/14 11:35 PM

Griff - Looking forward to meeting up with you out there.

John - Glad to hear the shakedown went well. Look forward to seeing that Proline out on the water!