Please go sign this petition!!

Posted by: DewJigger

Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 12:39 PM

http://www.petitiononline.com/subway07/petition.html
Acceptance 600 Subway Cars Use as Reef Material New Jersey Artificial Reefs Petition
Posted by: Jersey Joe

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 01:24 PM

Done
Posted by: overdrive

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 01:29 PM

numbers up from 181 (me) to 193 as of 1:30 pm July 2 07
Posted by: kimannjo

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 01:32 PM

signed
Posted by: rfdevil

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 01:48 PM

Added two signatures. My wife and I each have separate emails.
Posted by: pogybait

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 04:23 PM

SIGNED......
Posted by: Dick D

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 05:26 PM

Done #208 dick d.
Posted by: Ocd

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 06:12 PM

Done
Posted by: LuciFish

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 06:25 PM

Posted by: MDMike

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 08:28 PM

#214, Glad to see guys looking out this whole heartly in a passion like the one I enjoy so much.
Posted by: Irish Mist II

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 09:14 PM

Posted by: REELEZ

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/02/07 09:47 PM

Done!
Posted by: Yankee Doodle

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/03/07 07:49 PM

I found this on another site and thought I would share...I copied the other user's whole post...

fishtrek

The Need for Artificial Reefs......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximately three weeks ago Al Ristori had let it be known that we had another chance to add 600 free “Red Bird” subway cars to the NJ Artificial Reef program. Now is the time to let our NJ Officials know that WE WANT THESE CARS for the NJ Reef program and not to go to another states reef program. I have started a petition on line so that it can be easily signed. The address is http://www.petitiononline.com/subway07/petition.html

Last time we did this we had close to 2000 signatures within three weeks. Let’s try to top this and bring the rail cars to help our Artificial Reef program.
Posted by: Grog

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/06/07 01:12 PM

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/06/07 02:07 PM

Come on guys, we have 800 members give or take. I would guess at least half are active here and most of you have fishing buddies that are not on here. Forward the link tell your friends the count should get a lot higher if each of you get the word out.

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/06/07 02:40 PM

Lets get going an signed that petition Everyone.This is very importent to the reef program.

POGYBAIT
Posted by: Capt. Toad

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/06/07 02:50 PM

signed
Posted by: ajk120

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/06/07 03:12 PM

signed #321
Posted by: THE BROKEN ROAD

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/06/07 03:28 PM

Posted by: Eric

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/06/07 05:49 PM

ummm no, I am 322

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/08/07 09:16 AM

Spoke to the JCAA president about this on Friday night. The big obstacle for actually getting the cars is that the environmentalist want to ensure they are clean and will have no negative impact on the marine environment. When we got the last bunch of RedBird cars the reef project agreed to do a study on them after so many years. That study has never been done so it is going to be a real struggle to get anyone to let us put more down there without the study. There is less of a concern since the new cars are stainless but they are mostly worried about asbestos from the brakes and any disease and germs that can be brought into the environment from the cars. I personally think if you ride the subways it only strengthens your immune system but I guess it has adverse affects on fish.

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/08/07 11:04 AM

A study was done to see how they held up but nothing environmental on the reefs or surrounding areas. The study that was supposed to be performed was to test for various chemical compounds and contaminants. But the problem with the study is that it is possible for them to show up from other sources and not from the cars since the reef is in the open ocean and not a test tube. So we are probably damned if we and damned if we don't.

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/08/07 05:09 PM

So is it True that FISH......have Feelings.Do they Dream like us.According to the Inviromentel People they do.
O these Invior People, the more i take in there HORSE SH.. and Snake Oil to save the World ,i want to Vomit.If it was not for the REEF Structure off the coast of NEW JERSEY those creatures would not have a home to cling to and Hide in and to Make Babys.
I guess im going to have to get used to EATING ....LETTUSE, NUTS and TREE BARK in the future if they win.
Posted by: Capt. Bill

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/08/07 05:28 PM

Done
Posted by: fishtales

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/08/07 10:37 PM

SIGNED !!!!!!!!!!! BUT POGY ..DONT LET THEM HEAR YOU TALK ABOUT TREE BARK.....TREES MUST HAVE FEELINGS ALSO !!!!!!!!!!! ( THE ENVIROS WILL NEVER BE SATISIFIED UNTIL THERE IS A COMPLETE BAN ON HUNTING & FISHING....THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND WITH THEM EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG ).......FISHTALES

Re: Please go sign this petition!! - 07/09/07 09:29 AM

Fishtales.You could not of said it any better. OK People, the Petition is Growing,lets do our best to get as many signetures as we can.
Posted by: Paint

petitionon - 07/15/07 10:36 PM

http://www.petitiononline.com/subway07/petition.html

saw this on another web site