Update

Posted by: Reef Rat

Update - 12/03/12 01:48 PM

The Dock Outfitters took a pretty good hit from Sandy... We lost some inventory and a ton of EZ Docks.. The pier behind the shop also sustained major damage with all horizontal boards missing leaving just pilings behind...We are mostly cleaned up now and the power is back on... Frank is scrubbing the kitchen, and gas is set to be turned on shortly... We will update agin when we have a date to open even if it is a partial opening... Thanks, John
Posted by: FlipFlop

Re: Update - 12/03/12 05:09 PM

I hope Franky and family made out ok.
I spoke to Scotty,tell every one else,I hope to see em soon
Posted by: Reel Therapy

Re: Update - 01/25/13 07:19 PM

Hope to visit soon
Posted by: jak

Re: Update - 01/26/13 01:17 AM

rr,i only made it over the bridge once since right after the storm.almost lost my cousin's permit(long story)i will try to give you a report from the park now that it is open!! tight lines bro!!jak
Posted by: John's Joy

Re: Update - 01/27/13 11:23 AM

I've been driving through the SS/Lavalette areas and it's bad as bad can be in some spots...then there's the other side of the coin where there are homes that seem to have sustained minor - if any damage. We drove south towards IBSP yesterday and walked the beach by my buddys home on 22nd st and those homes are in fair shape, even my bud's home which is right there next to the beach. We drove to the west side of the island and seen what seemed to be the same...some homes were hit bad, others not so bad. I did notice the Park Ranger parked in front - blocking IBSP's entrance. Lavalette and Ortley is like visiting ground zero in NYC after the attacks...very somber feeling overcomes you when you see all of the devastation. It's so overwhelming! We may take another ride today and head further north than we've been going, going to see if we can make it up to Mantoloking.