4/17

Posted by: fishheadnj

4/17 - 04/17/13 09:58 AM

Greetings - I was up in the Catskills for the opener,I fished 2 of 5 days, cold snow colder,ice in the guides, but did end up with one healthy holdover trout, guys that were throwing lures, rapala cp swings, got some really big trout-- the fish I got was on a rather large black stone fly pattern - I feel good about what I found and fished, found a couple of spots with very limited access, but I had a bud who was drifting on the west , he said thy were feeding strong on small black and green stone flies-- I have the boat pretty much ready for the "poly glo" then some motor prep and maintenance - most of the reports on the bass have been small and on the west side of the bay around the warm water- New KC kayaks on the way, old fat guys on yaks?? going to do some back water fly fishing, and stealthy bass and jumbo weaks in the marshes--CATCHEMUP
Posted by: jak

Re: 4/17 - 04/18/13 05:52 PM

sounds like a regular day on the salmon river!!i,like you, would rather catch 1 fish on the fly that is a lot smarter then the others that just got off the truck!!!march browns next on the menu!!jak