GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH

Posted by: garbagefish.com

GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 04/15/10 02:32 PM

We decided that it was entirely necessary to a Garbage Fish Fry on July 24th from 1pm to 5pm in conjunction with the garbage fish tournament. I was going to do it at garbage fish headquarters but since my wife would probably divorce me, Roger at Fish Bonz was kind enough to allow us to conduct operations at his shop on Lacey Road in Forked River. As many of you know, it used to be a restaurant so we hare holding it in his outdoor seating area. What's on tap?...

We'll be bringing coolers full of garbage fish - doing give aways and frying up Sea Robin nuggets - Dogfish Tacos - and Skate Wings on the spot along with some special guests. Everyone is invited and the whole deal is free. That's right - free garbage fish. When's the last dogfish taco you've had? So hopefully a lot of the bhweb guys will stop by but it's open to one and all.
Posted by: jak

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 04/15/10 11:56 PM

yee haa see ya there

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 05/03/10 03:09 PM

Met up with our friend Captain Gene Quigley, fishing captain and author of "saltwater fishing, a tactical approach." Gene is a great captain and will be at the garbage fish fry so our list of people that know much more about fishing than us is growing and all will be there to chat and eat with you.
Posted by: JoeK

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 05/13/10 07:12 PM

Which Ms Garbage Fish are you going to have available for the Fish Fry? Looks like there are plenty to choose from...

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 05/14/10 08:07 AM

Probably none, they'd eat all the fish.
Posted by: Eric

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 05/14/10 09:13 AM

It sounds like a fun even to attend but tough to get used to the idea of eating the garbage fish.
Posted by: usmc1

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 05/14/10 09:26 AM

It will be a blast. Plus the meat of a garbage fish is just as good as most species that are targeted IMO

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 05/14/10 12:59 PM

usmc1 is right - they are very good eating but that's why we are doing it. we want to show you first hand. either way - it will be a fun time hanging out and getting to meet some guys on the forum, as well as others - and enjoying some fresh fish and good fun.
Posted by: Fish Bonz B&T

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/25/10 05:13 AM

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the great sampling of Sea Robin and Skate tacos at the fish fry. I have never had either and they were surprisingly very good. Val and Crystal also really enjoyed them.

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/25/10 01:19 PM

My pleasure. Thanks for coming by. We are still eating garbage fish tacos.
Posted by: Jersey Joe

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/26/10 08:50 AM

Brian thanks for the veggie tacos at the fish fry. Had a good time. And thanks to Marty for the skate cleaning lesson. Unfortunatly on Sunday we didn't really catch any garbage to take home.

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/26/10 08:58 AM

No problemo Joe. I didn't think of it but you should have taken those skate home. I vac. sealed and froze them if you want them. Thanks for stopping by. It was a hot one.

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/26/10 11:18 AM

Brian thanks for the great time. We must have downed 12 tacos between the two of us. Plus two more later that night. For now on the skates go in the box.

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/26/10 12:04 PM

Glad you guys made it. We are slowly turning people to the garbage fish, one skate at a time. You need to get out there this week and fish it up.
Posted by: Sean

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/26/10 12:35 PM

Brian you are the man. Thanks for sending USMC home with some skate for me. The tacos were excellent.

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/26/10 02:45 PM

Glad they came out. I should have sent him home with tortilla shells too. We only had about 200 of them left.

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/26/10 03:07 PM

hahaha, didnt know you had any left, stopped at shoprite and grabbed some of the ingredients. came out great. all of it was gone by sunday afternoon

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/26/10 04:10 PM

nice. did you think marty's cleaning demo helped?
Posted by: Sean

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/26/10 10:56 PM

Grrrrr....I waited in line at Shop Rite Saturday night for 20 minutes!

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/27/10 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Bay Fisher
nice. did you think marty's cleaning demo helped?

Ya definately, the part with the cartilage is where i screwed up last time.
Posted by: Jersey Joe

Re: GARBAGE FISH FRY - JULY 24TH - 07/27/10 07:07 PM

Definitely, I've never tried to clean one but I am sure it will be much easier now.