CNN video about eating rays - 04/21/10 09:26 AM

I figured this was right up you alley.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/tech/2010/04/09/gsif.ray.and.the.bay.cnn
Posted by: Lastcall

Re: CNN video about eating rays - 04/21/10 09:32 AM

looked like a cownosed ray?
Posted by: Eric

Re: CNN video about eating rays - 04/21/10 10:57 AM

Yes it was a cowbosed ray. They eat the oysters and clams. They have jaws for that unlike the skates you are used to catching.
Posted by: garbagefish.com

Re: CNN video about eating rays - 04/22/10 08:17 AM

Many thanks for that. I hadn't seen it yet and it pretty much mirrors what we've been preaching. A lot of people look at us funny but if you could do just one easy thing to help the waters, keep a garbage fish for the table this summer. I posted a link to it on the news site. http://www.garbagefish.com/news1.htm

Isn't it funny how they renamed the cownose ray - a Chesapeake Ray? More marketable. Who can come up with some marketable names for searobin, skate and dogfish? I'm stumped.
Posted by: usmc1

Re: CNN video about eating rays - 04/22/10 08:31 AM

Asian place i shop at gets good money for skate wings.
Posted by: garbagefish.com

Re: CNN video about eating rays - 04/22/10 10:55 AM

I think you mentioned you had them up your way. Did you pick up any yet? I may have to ask you to bring some down for the garbage fish fry if we don't do well on them the week before the tourny. Remember - skate wings go through a natural curing process. They are even better day two or day three. Either way, we'll be busting out the Frymaster 5,000 XT Special Edition so something is going to get fried that day. I don't care if I have to raid Fish Bonz's bait fridge for spearing.
Posted by: usmc1

Re: CNN video about eating rays - 04/22/10 12:41 PM

Ya if they have them in its pretty easy to stop and grab some on the way down. I havent picked any up yet, but they seem to sell well there. Couple people in front of me were grabbing them.