Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny

Posted by: garbagefish.com

Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 06/25/10 08:41 AM

Only 5 days til tournament time. Can I get a gauge on how many of you are going to try to make it to the garbage fish fry in Forked River on July 24th? http://www.garbagefish.com/fishfry.htm

Again - it's free to registered tourny anglers, and we are asking a very small donation for non tourny anglers to pay for Mr. Bob - and the rest going to reclamthebay.org The fish fry is on the 24th. Directions are on the website. The tournament runs the entire month of July - you can sign up throughout the month - at weigh stations or at garbagefish.com. If you are interested in coming to the fish fry - give me an email or post a reply here. Trying to judge what we'll need. Thanks much.
Posted by: usmc1

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 06/25/10 08:47 AM

Im in. Let me know if you need me to bring anything

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 06/25/10 08:58 AM

Are you guys coming by boat or car? Bring a rod. We are going to try a fishing contest off the bulkhead for prizes. Also, bring some spokes models.

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 06/25/10 09:04 AM

Probly by boat. Definately bringing a rod
Posted by: Reel Easy

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 06/25/10 01:55 PM

Spokes Models? Hmmmm,whats a spokes model,i dont have one of those,,,yet.
Posted by: Jersey Joe

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 06/27/10 10:18 AM

I will be there. Not sure who else will be coming with...will discuss it with my crew this week. Probably coming by boat, I guess that will depend on winds and tide as we draw 3' 6".

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 06/28/10 09:25 AM

Call me on your way and I'll let you know what's the best plan. Might be a spot on the pier, or if the wind and tide is too hectic, I'll get you in over at my neighbor's dock in plenty of deep stuff.

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 07/01/10 01:43 PM

Unofficially, last year's first place dogfish at 10.5 pounds got smashed early this morning by a 12.5 pounder caught in the suds on L.B.I. You guys can register all month for the tourny - but apparently the dog bite is on right now. You can register online at the website or at participating bait shops.

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 07/01/10 02:03 PM

Wow, thats a monster doggy

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 07/01/10 05:29 PM

Same guy just eclipsed it with a 15 pounder. The dogfish are going to be really fat and aggressive for the next week or two.
Posted by: Jersey Joe

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 07/01/10 06:02 PM

Smooth or spiney? The NJ record for spiney is 15 lbs 12 oz set back in 1990...might have been close to a new record.

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 07/02/10 08:52 AM

Smooth - at 15 pounds, 2 oz. now official - weighed at Fisherman's Headquarters.

We hit the surf last night - fished til around 4am - not a touch. It's the sign of the apocalypse that we were out not only trying to catch dogfish at 4am but not able to. Gonna try again next week as I look for a huge rock to crawl under to hide from holiday weekend chaos.

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 07/06/10 09:05 AM

Remember - you can sign up throughout the tournament. You have til July 31st.

Re: Only 5 Days Til Trash Tourny - 07/06/10 09:08 AM

So far there are 20 total prizes. 9 cash and 11 runner up merch. prizes. This is a great chance to win something in a tournament.
http://www.garbagefish.com/tourny1.htm