Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore

Posted by: garbagefish.com

Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/14/10 10:18 AM

I just did a sweep of the weigh stations who are participating, picking up weigh forms for the leader board - http://www.garbagefish.com/leaderboard2010.htm and the dogfish and sea robin categories aren't filled yet. We have some incredible prizes donated from our generous sponsors/tackle shops, in addition to the cash prizes. At the moment, any sea robin will win you a prize as we've only had 5 total birds weighed in and 7 total prizes. And, any dogfish will also get you on the board as only 4 have been weighed in. Cash prizes for first three heaviest, but we have a ton of additional prizes thanks to our participating shops, including a shimano rod/reel combo from Roger at Fish Bonz Bait and Tackle, A free day boat rental courtesy of Dock Outfitters, Bed and Breakfast stay at Rivers Edge Bed & Breakfast and Marina, tons of tackle and lots of other reels and combos and gift certificates. $20.00 gets you in and you have an amazing shot to win something plus help reclamthebay.org in the process. Tournament runs through July 31st and you can register up to the last day. Help us help our fisheries.
Posted by: usmc1

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/14/10 11:03 AM

Didnt realize that. Should of weighed in my bird. instead i ate it right away
Posted by: Sean

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/14/10 11:24 AM

Told you to weigh it in!

:xxx: fluke are keeping me down this year.

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/14/10 11:55 AM

You definately should have weighed it. At this point a half pound, fifth place sea robin is walking away with a brand new 9 foot rod and reel surf combo. Still waiting to fill 6th and 7th place in that category with nice prizes for those slots too. I think because the sponsors/weigh stations, who realize this tournament benefits our waters and fisheries, have been especially cool and generous to help out the cause. Two weeks left. Get fishing.

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/14/10 12:51 PM

Dam, probly was about 1 lb

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/16/10 10:19 AM

Just had a 13 pound smooth doggy - at 47 inches - weighed in at Grumpy's. Caught on bunker chunk off the surf. That one grabs 2nd place. The fish are there.

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/16/10 10:39 AM

wow, monster

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/16/10 10:41 AM

yeah - that's a fatty. i'd steak that bad boy and grill it.

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/16/10 10:48 AM

ya would be a good one for fish fry
Posted by: Y-knot

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/16/10 10:43 PM

86 and 55 lb sea robins?? I just checked the website and they are posted as runner ups. What are the using bait?? holy typo batman!
Posted by: jhartwell79

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/18/10 09:14 AM

Is the tournment still open for new entries? If so, what are the fees?

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/18/10 11:43 AM

Go to http://www.garbagefish.com for details.

$20 bucks an angler. Weigh stations from pt. pleasant to brigantine. (listed on the website). skate, dogfish or sea robin. caught from boat, surf, bay or wherever. 7 prizes in each category. 3 heaviest fish win cash. 4 runner up spots win merch. or gift certificates. You can register and fish through July 31st. 2 more weeks.

Re: Trash Tournament - Still Wide Open - Prizes Galore - 07/18/10 11:45 AM

woops - that's .86 and .55 pounds.