Newsletter
Events
Sorry guys, nothing going on right now.
Newest Members
111, TBTFW, Calhoun87, dfallon47, zinisk
6805 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102438 - 08/09/09 08:26 PM here's a question...
jawz Offline
Captain

Loc: cape may nj
i get alot of critism from people on occasion,and i found this one really funny,i was called a "parts changer" by some gentleman who thought it was an acceptable repair to fill the hole in the hull,left by an old transducer with a carrage bolt,2 flat washers and 3m 5200...i kid you not,this guy was dead serious...i'm not making fun of anyone here,and i'm certainly not tryng to boost my ego,but,let's be serious,here...this is kinda scary,a guy like this could be you dock neighbor...some of these guys actually believe you can repair a leaking gas tank by filling the holes with marine tex and covering the tank in fiberglass matt-again,think about that,pretty scary huh idea?
the idea here is,if someone gives you advice on repairing your boat,ask that person what he or she does for a living,if they're not in a trade,like automomechanics,or somehting like that,ask them why they are not...ever notice the guys who know the most,these guys are not in any trade idea? why is that idea? if they know so much about repairing things,why don't they work at that for a living idea? makes sense huh idea?
basically what i'm saying is,be careful who you ask for advice on your boat,a person like the above mentioned,may be the guy giving you advice...

#102441 - 08/09/09 08:50 PM Re: here's a question... [Re: jawz]
hit-n-run Offline
First Mate

Loc: \
Who is criticizing you? You initiated the post. Seems to me you are tooting your own horn, I think a lot of you posts start off just like the one you just posted.
How do you put those stupid animations in your posts? Did you learn that in mechanics school? Can I plug a hole in my hull with a blue smiley face?

#102445 - 08/09/09 09:48 PM Re: here's a question... [Re: hit-n-run]
jawz Offline
Captain

Originally Posted By: Hit-n-Run
Who is criticizing you? You initiated the post. Seems to me you are tooting your own horn, I think a lot of you posts start off just like the one you just posted.
How do you put those stupid animations in your posts? Did you learn that in mechanics school? Can I plug a hole in my hull with a blue smiley face?

this is called a "for your information"...the idea here is to expalin to someone,be careful who you take advice from,perhaps you missed that,yes idea a post like this,it brings up a very valid point,being,do you know who's giving you advice idea you type a question on an internet froum,like this one,an "unknown poster",such as you,with a catchy screen name,types a reply-wether or not to follow that adivice is up to that person-the advice may or may not be valid,the advice you get may just be wrong,you follow it and ruin your engine-then what idea
some of the stuff i've read on internet forums like this over the years has actually scared me to death...i've read guys giving advice on how to winterize engines,inboard engines and made no mention what so ever to running the engine on non toxic antifreeze,to avoid freezing damage...i've seen electrical advice that was just as bad,and i've seen fiberglass advice that was equally as bad...anything i've ever posted on the internet has allways been done so under the name of my buisness,this shows something,what it shows is,you can trust what i type,you can take the free advice i give,and use it.i type my experience with things,and i type how i do things,not to say my way is the only way,i do it to show how and why i do the things i do-get it idea? i ran a series of "outboard service seminars",to show you exactly how to service your engine,including change out the water pump,these were "hands on" seminars,guess what,everyone learned how to service their engines and how to service them correctly,not bad huh ? i also list my phone number,not as a challange,but as exactly what it states " if you don't like something i typed,feel free to call me"-do you see a problem with that idea this is what i do for a living,i repair things on your boat,i have a very good reputation-ever read anyone complaining about a bad job from my shop idea? ever read anyone complain about the quality of work from my shop ? the answer to both of those questions is NO !! that my friend says alot...if that's "tooting my own horn",then so be it...people may not like me,and they may not like the style i type,that's fine,everyone is entitled to their own opinion.problem is people don't like to hear or read the truth,it's wrong to disagree with someone any more,why i have no clue.it's wrong to tell some one they're wrong,again,why is that ? i tell things as they are,no holds barred,the straight out truth,you can like it or leave it,but,you've got to respect it...
the blue smiley face,that shows up when you type a question mark,like this,see idea?

#102502 - 08/10/09 01:49 PM Re: here's a question... [Re: jawz]
Grog Offline

Loc: Manasquan, NJ
Jimmy, why is it that guys love to twist your horns?

#102511 - 08/10/09 02:46 PM Re: here's a question... [Re: Grog]
jawz Offline
Captain

Originally Posted By: Grog
Jimmy, why is it that guys love to twist your horns?

why idea

people don't like to be told they're wrong...people want you to agree with them...

you like "twisting my horns" to,right idea? why do you do it idea

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
11/4
Who's Online
2 registered (Sig, weaky wacker), 104 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6805 Members
70 Forums
33422 Topics
219120 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM