Newsletter
Events
Sorry guys, nothing going on right now.
Newest Members
Bsusk, BillStratton, 111, TBTFW, Calhoun87
6807 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112053 - 11/08/09 02:48 PM What size bass won the tournament this weekend?
Redman Offline
Captain

Loc: Barnegat Light, NJ
just curious

#112055 - 11/08/09 02:58 PM Re: What size bass won the tournament this weekend? [Re: Redman]
Lacey Marine Offline
Sponsor

Loc: Forked River, NJ
I can't believe there is no talk of the tournament...???
Make sure to like our Facebook page

WE ARE A DEALER FOR ALL MAJOR ELECTRONICS, WE WILL MATCH ANY PRICE! PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

#112056 - 11/08/09 03:14 PM Re: What size bass won the tournament this weekend? [Re: Lacey Marine]
Sean Offline
Commander

Loc: Lincoln Park and Bayville
I heard 27 lbs. So I don't owe anyone a gift card.....yet

#112057 - 11/08/09 03:17 PM Re: What size bass won the tournament this weekend? [Re: Sean]
Lacey Marine Offline
Sponsor

Loc: Forked River, NJ
haha
Make sure to like our Facebook page

WE ARE A DEALER FOR ALL MAJOR ELECTRONICS, WE WILL MATCH ANY PRICE! PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

#112064 - 11/08/09 04:16 PM Re: What size bass won the tournament this weekend? [Re: Lacey Marine]
Griff164 Offline
Commander

Loc: Forked River
It must be "what happens at the tournament stays at the tournament"...lol

#112066 - 11/08/09 04:29 PM Re: What size bass won the tournament this weekend? [Re: Griff164]
Scott Offline
Captain

Loc: Rahway/Waretown
From what I gather, Jersey Joe has a spreadsheet on his computer with the results. As of about 6pm last night JJ was still at Sun Harbor with with his boat in a slip, still filled with bluefish and stripers they caught during the tournament. As the sun was setting we left the dock and headed north. I doubt JJ ran up the bay last night in the dark, cleaned his fish and his boat, and raced home. Instead I guess he ran the boat north today and cleaned everything up on the boat. Assuming all goes well, I suspect we will see the results tonight or tomorrow when he gets a few minutes after briefing the admiral of the events.

There were actually six winners if I remember correctly, besides all of the door prizes that were given away by the generous sponsors.

#112102 - 11/08/09 08:10 PM Re: What size bass won the tournament this weekend? [Re: Scott]
Jersey Joe Offline

Loc: Brevard County, FL
Actually we did run the boat up last night, wasn't a bad run at all. Actually enjoyed most of it. Worst part really was getting up through the Gunner's Ditch. First time I have done it at night and it is dark through there and the candle sticks are a joy to see in the dark. Cleaned the fish also last night but not the boat, did that this morning after breakfast. The complete results are posted in the Barnegat Fishin' Hole Tournament News forum.

#112117 - 11/08/09 11:03 PM Re: What size bass won the tournament this weekend? [Re: Jersey Joe]
rfdevil Offline
First Mate

Loc: Waretown, NJ
I would be curious how everyone did as there is not a lot of talk about that. Didn't hear much chatter during the tournament either. We headed just north of the bathing beach and found the fish early. We caught about 20 bass (lost count so plus / minus one) and half a dozen blues. Bass were on top and breaking water and many were caught by tossing plugs and poppers. Once they went down we got more by jigging. Unfortunately, they were all cookie cutters between 26 and 30 inches. We kept five and threw back several that were over 28." Bite dropped off for us after about 8:30.

So not enough to finish in the money but we had a great day and put some fish in the freezer. Thanks to all involved in the even. Hopefully other will post their reports as well.

Rich

Moderator:  Jersey Joe, Victoria 
BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
3 registered (timing, Alexm225, Big Bob), 97 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6807 Members
70 Forums
33428 Topics
219143 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM