Newsletter
Events
Sorry guys, nothing going on right now.
Newest Members
Bsusk, BillStratton, 111, TBTFW, Calhoun87
6807 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112579 - 11/12/09 08:29 PM Portable or dock box installed filtration?
Jersey Joe Offline

Loc: Brevard County, FL
I have seen several systems on TV, both portable and installed into dock boxes. Not sure if this is something you get into but would be curious. We have well water at the marina and it horribly stains the boats if you don't use some sort of filter when you wash the boat. Not to mention the water smells horrible when stored in a water tank even with adding something like Aqua Fresh or other chemicals. Problem is even some of the larger home style filters from home improvement stores (I know, I know...) don't remove all the iron and other crap in the water. Plus they get clogged and limit water pressure within a month of use. I would be interested in hearing your experience and what you can offer for a solution in this situation.

#112580 - 11/12/09 08:39 PM Re: Portable or dock box installed filtration? [Re: Jersey Joe]
fgriffin Offline
Sponsor

Loc: Barnegat, NJ
Joe I can set you up with a manuel softening system that you can use to wash your boat. What I did at sun harbor is had one at my dock and hooked up the boat next to me to share. Then the two boats next to us got one and we all use same brine tank and we backwash once week or more depending on how much water is used. I can also set you up with water filters for the boat. Iron and white boats don't mix well. Let me know and I can set you up over the down time and you will be ready for April

#112583 - 11/12/09 08:48 PM Re: Portable or dock box installed filtration? [Re: fgriffin]
Jersey Joe Offline

I would be interested, possibly a couple of buddies at the marina too since they are several slips away. Could you go into a little more detail? This is all new to me. Also about how much room does all this take up?

#112589 - 11/12/09 09:03 PM Re: Portable or dock box installed filtration? [Re: Jersey Joe]
fgriffin Offline
Sponsor

Loc: Barnegat, NJ
would need to test the water to see how much iron and how many boats would be using. The tank I would reco would be 9" diameter x 48" high plus the manuel valve ( that means you have to clean it no electric to be concern with) and a brine tank (salt) 12x12 or larger if you want. I'll be taking my units home soon but if you want to stop by before and see let me know. Joe will be turning the water off soon. We could go smaller depending on the number of boat and how much you want to clean the unit (not to bad I usally clean the units when I'm chilling at the dock takes about an hour)

#112592 - 11/12/09 09:38 PM Re: Portable or dock box installed filtration? [Re: fgriffin]
Jersey Joe Offline

Fred shoot me a PM with your cell. If I don't fish Sunday I may give you call to see if you are at the marina to swing down and take a look. I guess you would really need to test the water first thing in the spring since they usually don't change or install the well filters until mid May.

How difficult is it to drain or winterize? We usually have water through our haul out which is the week of or week before Christmas and usually go in mid to late February.

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
2 registered (BluePirate, Swampy), 126 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6807 Members
70 Forums
33424 Topics
219130 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM