Bsusk, BillStratton, 111, TBTFW, Calhoun87
6807 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#139334 - 01/21/11 09:55 PM Boat will be back in by 3/1/11
James Gang Offline
Sponsor & Charter Captain

Loc: FORKED RIVER, NJ
I had some work done on the motors within the last few weeks and the boat is ready to run. As soon as we get a break in the weather to melt the ice and do some cosmetic stuff on the boat, I will be back in and running trips.

In the past years, we have had some good blackfishing on deep water spots in late February and early March. Now with cod showing up in good numbers, I plan to run trips to the 20-40 mile wrecks for cod, and try for blackfish on the way home.

Just feels good to brush off the snow and post about some upcoming trips. Once the boat is in the water, I will be running open boat trips on Friday and Saturday. Dates to follow.

JT

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

#139887 - 02/09/11 06:44 PM Re: Boat will be back in by 3/1/11 [Re: James Gang]
James Gang Offline

Hitting the boat this weekend and trying to finish as many projects as possible. All mechanical work is done, just need to change some pumps, clean, wax, and paint.

It won't be long until we are into the jersey cod fish bite. I plan on running every Friday and Saturday with decent weather.

Trips will be limited to 5 guys and I will be fishing the 20-40 mile wrecks. Fare is $105 per man, trips will be from 5:00am to 4:00pm. New Jersey minimum size for cod is 21 inches with no bag limit.

Full charter for up to 6 guys is $595. We will have clams and green crabs for bait. Send a PM to reserve dates.

Edited by James Gang (02/10/11 03:01 PM)

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

#140042 - 02/14/11 10:44 AM Re: Boat will be back in by 3/1/11 [Re: James Gang]
James Gang Offline

Many thanks to Walt and Harold for all their help. We had a busy day at the boat on Saturday. We pulled out the generator to be rebuilt, removed ice maker that never worked and replaced it with a 3 drawer tackle center, replaced washdown, fish box macerators, AC and bilge pumps.

Down to repairing some dings in the gel coat, cleaning, waxing, and painting. On track to put the boat in the water March 1st and open boat trips on the 4th and 5th if weather permits.

Sponsor R.F.A

#140175 - 02/18/11 10:35 AM Re: Boat will be back in by 3/1/11 [Re: James Gang]
James Gang Offline

Friday 3/4 trip is full.

Thanks

JT

Sponsor R.F.A

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
3 registered (Fishnfool, barry b, wasy), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6807 Members
70 Forums
33426 Topics
219139 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM