Kathyg, DStrike, Tiderunner, Bsusk, BillStratton
6810 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#143591 - 05/11/11 09:27 PM Wire line trolling training classes
James Gang Offline
Sponsor & Charter Captain

Loc: FORKED RIVER, NJ
I have read so many posts about how to troll for striped bass with spoons and wire, I have decided to run wire line trolling classes instead of open boat trips. smile

The class will be limited to 6 students at $100 per person(minimum 5 to sail). At the end of the 9 hour trolling class, we will have a drawing, and the winning student will receive a 300 foot spool of trolling wire and a bunker spoon(a $125 value).

Please PM if there is any interest. Dates Available 5/20,5/27,6/4,6/10. Subject to change if charters are booked on those dates.

JT

Edited by James Gang (05/11/11 10:16 PM)

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

#143596 - 05/11/11 09:56 PM Re: Wire line trolling training classes [Re: James Gang]
raf3 Online   content

Loc: Manahawkin, NJ
JT,

I am very interested in taking one of your classes. Can you tell me, a little more specifically, what we would be doing during those 9 hours?

RFallon

#143598 - 05/11/11 10:13 PM Re: Wire line trolling training classes [Re: raf3]
James Gang Offline

Raf3,We are going to leave the dock at 6:00am and head out to the fising grounds as if it were a regular charter. Once out, I plan on covering areas to fish, best water depth,trolling speeds, rigging of rods, spoons to use based on conditions, proper deployment of the spoons, drag settings, trolling speed, speed to maintain once hooked up, rod handling while fighting a fish, and hopefully proper bleeding of the catch.

If there are any questions that we didn't cover, I would encourage people to ask. Most of the guys that fish with me have not only become regulars, but very good friends. That is the reason that I do this.

I have done seminars before, but this is the first time that I am trying this on the boat. I hope you make it out for a trip.

Thanks for the interest.

JT

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

#145051 - 06/01/11 10:58 PM Re: Wire line trolling training classes [Re: James Gang]
James Gang Offline

I have one open Spot for Saturday if someone would like to jump on for the wire line trolling class. We are leaving at 6:30 am on Saturday, 6/4. $100, 8-9 hours of fishing, and we will have a drawing at the end of the trip for a spoon and a 300 foot spool of Malin 50lb test soft stainless trolling wire, the same stuff that you will find on all the rods we use.

Thanks

JT

Sponsor R.F.A

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
5/7 Fluke
Blue and bass
Black Drum
Who's Online
1 registered (AJM), 162 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6810 Members
70 Forums
33445 Topics
219219 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM