Newsletter
Events
Sorry guys, nothing going on right now.
Newest Members
111, TBTFW, Calhoun87, dfallon47, zinisk
6805 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158517 - 05/02/12 01:10 PM New Member Offer Extended!!!
Chuck T Offline
Sponsor

Loc: Barnegat Light
TowBoatU.S. Barnegat Light & Beach Haven is extending the NEW member offer of $99 for a 1 year membership of Unlimited Towing until further notice.

Unlimited Towing includes -

-Free Towing for members
-Free Soft Ungroundings
-Free Fuel Delivery
-Free Jump starts
-Discounts at BoatUS Cooperating Marinas (Fuel, parts, slips) and all West Marine stores.

...and yes, we go to the canyons

If you have any questions or would like to sign up, give me a call at 609-548-5325

TowBoat U.S. Barnegat Light & Beach Haven
Jersey Shore Boat Towing & Salvage, Inc.

609-276-3237
Jerseyshoreboattowing@gmail.com

www.facebook.com/TowBoatU.S.BarnegatLight

#158518 - 05/02/12 01:39 PM Re: New Member Offer Extended!!! [Re: Chuck T]
Aveo Rob Offline
First Mate

Loc: NJ
Chuck,

Help me here. I have been with TowBoatUS since 2000. My membership renewal is next month. This looks like about a 33% discount. What offers are there for LOYAL 12 year repeat customers? I don't understand the business philosophy of offering discounts to new customers and not existing ones. Why should I stay and not go to the yellow boat, even if just for a year so I can come back as a new customer for the 99 dollar deal? Your best customers are your existing ones. I am not trying to bust balls here, just want to know the deal.

#158522 - 05/02/12 03:04 PM Re: New Member Offer Extended!!! [Re: Aveo Rob]
JoeK Offline
Moderator/Link Master

Loc: Forked River, NJ
There should be a like button for Robs question

#158525 - 05/02/12 04:23 PM Re: New Member Offer Extended!!! [Re: JoeK]
Rapscallion Offline

Loc: Chatham/Toms River
Yeah...what JoeK said. I've been sending Boat/US my $125 for 4 years now.

#158527 - 05/02/12 05:09 PM Re: New Member Offer Extended!!! [Re: Rapscallion]
Chuck T Offline
Sponsor

Loc: Barnegat Light
Rob

The business structures between the two companies are set up completely different. My goal is to have as many members as possible increasing the amount of tows I do in a year. If I complete 0 tows, I make 0 dollars...I do not see membership money. I need to do tows to keep my company.

Technically if you were to renew every year at the AC boat show ($134 - a 10% discount) it would be the same price as switching back and forth between companies (169+99=134+134) and who really wants to do that.

I sent you a PM and understand your frustration but for $149 a year to me having a peace of mind on the water is well worth it.

TowBoat U.S. Barnegat Light & Beach Haven
Jersey Shore Boat Towing & Salvage, Inc.

609-276-3237
Jerseyshoreboattowing@gmail.com

www.facebook.com/TowBoatU.S.BarnegatLight

#158538 - 05/03/12 07:51 AM Re: New Member Offer Extended!!! [Re: Chuck T]
Southern Charm Offline
Captain

Loc: Sicklerville/ Waretown NJ
Rob I fully understand your question and its a good one but this sales tactics is common in today’s world, it’s all about gaining market share and growing new business. You see it all the time in the cell phone world or any business that has memberships such as gyms. It is what it is.

#158545 - 05/03/12 10:34 AM Re: New Member Offer Extended!!! [Re: Southern Charm]
Aveo Rob Offline
First Mate

Loc: NJ
Chuck,

Thank you for the reply and the PM. I will contact you soon to renew. I have been more than happy with the service, and that is why I have been with TBUS so long.

Southern Charm,

Yes while this may be a business practice in some markets that may not be a long term thing like a cell phone or gym membership, many markets have rewards for renewals, such as insurance, you get a renewal discount, or some have a falling deductable for every year you don't have an accident. Like I said before your best customers are your exisitng ones and for LONG term repeat business, take care of who is patronizing you, not how many can I get right now. But hey, what do I know, I am not in sales, I am only a customer.

#171138 - 01/08/13 12:26 PM Re: New Member Offer Extended!!! [Re: Aveo Rob]
lbifranko Offline
First Mate

Loc: BRYN ATHYN 'PA
I used boat us unlimited last year for th e first time , well last time i hope n well worth the piece of mind and backing of boat us. the tow was a short one but will get it every year,a longer membership should get a bit off the rate , but still worth every penny. GO BOAT US !!

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
2 registered (Big Kahuna, 2LBI), 132 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6805 Members
70 Forums
33423 Topics
219125 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM