Newest Members
Bsusk, BillStratton, 111, TBTFW, Calhoun87
6807 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164968 - 08/16/12 09:34 PM 8/15 Fishing Report
Shore Thing Offline

Loc: Chesterfield, NJ
I had an opportunity to take my 24 year old daughter Jessica fishing yesterday with Captain Mark. She's home from Colorado for a week so I wanted to take her out to catch some fish. I wanted a lazy day where I didn't have to do anything but smile.

We started the day by zipping across the bay to anchor up to put out a chum slick for some weakfish. Jess caught an assortment of samll fish, but no weakies. It was a bit slow, so Mark worked with Jess and her casting abilities. She picked it up quickly and after about 20 or so casts got to be pretty much dead on. Dad was pleased...

We decided to run across to the inlet to see what was happening out there. We got out on the jetty, and Jess was on the bow casting across the rocks. She had a blue bomber on and was nailing almost every cast with blues.

Unfortunately, after about an hour or so out there, we saw lightning off to the west, so Mark headed for the barn. I couldn't have agreed more.

We hung out for an hour or so waiting for it to blow over, but it didn't happen. We called the day, and fileted the blues that we kept. The surprise of the day was when I looked up and saw Mark teaching Jess to filet the fish. In the past she would have no part of that.

This was one of the nicest days that I've had on the water. Captain Mark is a great young Captain who knows the bay like the back of his hand. He had us on fish for most of the day. I've fished for 50 years, and this young dog taught the old dog some interesting tricks.

Best of all, I told Mark a couple of weeks ago when I booked with him, that I wanted a "fun" day for Jess and I. The 3 of us pretty much cracked up all day.

If you want to take your family out for a day of fishing...teach the kids (even old ones like me) to fish, and have an all around great day....give Captain Mark a call.

Thanks Mark!! I'll be looking for you out there. I'll probably be stalking you around looking for spots. :-)

Jess and Frank

Shore Thing
32' Wellcraft St. Trope'
Holiday Harbor Marina - H27
Waretown

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.."

#165198 - 08/21/12 09:43 AM Re: 8/15 Fishing Report [Re: Shore Thing]
LSportfishing Offline
Sponsor - Charter Captain

Loc: Barnegat Light
Frank,

You guys were great thanks again!

Cell Phone 856-341-6562
Member Stripers Forever

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
0 registered (), 143 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6807 Members
70 Forums
33430 Topics
219150 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM