Newsletter
Events
Sorry guys, nothing going on right now.
Newest Members
Tiderunner, Bsusk, BillStratton, 111, TBTFW
6808 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187791 - 12/06/13 11:14 AM If you paint your own bottom definitely use a small roller
Jersey Joe Offline

Loc: Brevard County, FL
If you paint your own bottom and never tried the little 'hot dog roller' that Dan sells definitely give it a shot. I painted the bottom yesterday in record time...especially for a full keel, wide beam boat with prop pockets. It was a lot of bottom to paint and I thought it would take for ever looking at the size of the roller but it was much faster and easier to get the lifting strakes and chines. I also used a lot less paint and the finish was much smoother than a larger roller. Painted the entire boat with just over a gallon. Thanks Dan!

#187793 - 12/06/13 12:02 PM Re: If you paint your own bottom definitely use a small roller [Re: Jersey Joe]
Griff164 Offline
Commander

Loc: Forked River
I saw a guy in the marina doing it like that a few years ago and I agree it's alot easier with the small roller and less messy plus the roller loaded with paint is much lighter.

#187795 - 12/06/13 12:54 PM Re: If you paint your own bottom definitely use a small roller [Re: Griff164]
Lacey Marine Offline
Sponsor

Loc: Forked River, NJ
Are you going to return the extra "regular" roller you bought? lol. They are the best rollers, less paint, easier to roll out, and can get into the small areas better
Make sure to like our Facebook page

WE ARE A DEALER FOR ALL MAJOR ELECTRONICS, WE WILL MATCH ANY PRICE! PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

#187799 - 12/06/13 03:29 PM Re: If you paint your own bottom definitely use a small roller [Re: Lacey Marine]
Jersey Joe Offline

Loc: Brevard County, FL
Probably...was hoping to finish with only one gallon and return the second gallon but that didn't happen. I really like the color too, I know it isn't wet yet but that is the darkest blue bottom paint I have ever seen...finally one that matches flag blue boot stripes!

#188123 - 12/16/13 10:42 AM Re: If you paint your own bottom definitely use a small roller [Re: Jersey Joe]
Captain Hook Offline

Loc: NJ
Just an FYI- I had poor results with Interlux Bottomcote NT this past season. When I called the company, the sales rep said that using a small roller less than 3/8" nap thins the coat and will not effectively cover. IMHO, sounds like a bit of an excuse to me, especially since I used two coats- however I will likely be using something else next season, maybe with more slime resistance. Any suggestions?

#192527 - 04/23/14 10:44 AM Re: If you paint your own bottom definitely use a small roller [Re: Captain Hook]
Lacey Marine Offline
Sponsor

Loc: Forked River, NJ
First sorry I did not see this. I am very suprised you had a problem with the paint. It's a great paint and dollar for dollar, the best we sell. If you are looking for a paint with a slime fighter we carry ACT(single season, ablative), Pacifica Plus( Copper-free) and Micron Extra (multiseason, ablative). Our Open House is this Saturday, April 26 and have some specials on paint and everything else in the store.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1392948600962185/
Make sure to like our Facebook page

WE ARE A DEALER FOR ALL MAJOR ELECTRONICS, WE WILL MATCH ANY PRICE! PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

Moderator:  Lacey Marine 
BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
2 registered (Andrew W, drumguy62), 116 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6808 Members
70 Forums
33433 Topics
219164 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM