Newsletter
Events
Sorry guys, nothing going on right now.
Newest Members
Kathyg, DStrike, Tiderunner, Bsusk, BillStratton
6810 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202821 - 11/14/14 10:11 AM Expanding Our Fishing Dept.
Lacey Marine Offline
Sponsor

Loc: Forked River, NJ
We will be adding 48'+ of pegboard and wall space over the winter and we will be adding a lot of new items. I would like your input on what you would like us to expand in and carry. Any items small or large would be greatly appreciated. Right now we have in mind expanding in offshore tackle, hooks, and terminal tackle. Companies, part numbers, colors and more would be great.
Make sure to like our Facebook page

WE ARE A DEALER FOR ALL MAJOR ELECTRONICS, WE WILL MATCH ANY PRICE! PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

#202837 - 11/14/14 01:48 PM Re: Expanding Our Fishing Dept. [Re: Lacey Marine]
RSD Offline

Loc: toms river
Get in with some custom plug makers black label, super strike, etc, large supply of 9ers, hook up with tn-tackle they make killer shark rigs and spreader bars for tuna great guys to. stormr clothing is a hot item.The list is endless i could go on and on.good time to step it up since other is closing.Just need to open early for us fisherman and close late.

#202838 - 11/14/14 01:52 PM Re: Expanding Our Fishing Dept. [Re: RSD]
Lacey Marine Offline
Sponsor

Originally Posted By: RSD
Get in with some custom plug makers black label, super strike, etc, large supply of 9ers, hook up with tn-tackle they make killer shark rigs and spreader bars for tuna great guys to. stormr clothing is a hot item.The list is endless i could go on and on.good time to step it up since other is closing.Just need to open early for us fisherman and close late.

Thanks for the input. We already carry a large stock of 9ers. Some clothing was something we considered like bibs and jackets. I am not sure how many surf guys we would get though to justify the plus and Stormr stuff, but will keep it in mind.

WE ARE A DEALER FOR ALL MAJOR ELECTRONICS, WE WILL MATCH ANY PRICE! PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

#202839 - 11/14/14 02:39 PM Re: Expanding Our Fishing Dept. [Re: Lacey Marine]
Southern Charm Offline
Captain

Loc: Sicklerville/ Waretown NJ
Dan I would consider having a larger selection of offshore stuff like spreader bars and feathers etc. A lot of guys in our area tuna fish and I can see you being a good resource for this type of fishing.

#202840 - 11/14/14 03:08 PM Re: Expanding Our Fishing Dept. [Re: Southern Charm]
Jersey Joe Offline

Loc: Brevard County, FL
I don't think you can go wrong with Sterling Tackle spreader bars and daisy chains or Laceration Lures plugs, daisy chains, tuna snacks, widgets and hair lures along with Joe Shute's. I would have to look at the model numbers of hooks but I believe they are Mustad 7691 in 8/0, 9/0 and 10/0 in stainless for most applications for rigging lures. For baits it is preference, I use the 7691 and 7698 duration finish for my bally rigs. Some guys like the longer shank, not sure the model number. If I want the hook further back I do a two hook rig using the 7698 as the back hook. Momoi Hi-Catch leader, 80, 130, 200 and 300# along with their silverloc sleeves. Maybe some of their wind-on leaders for guys who don't make their own, or BHP Tackle wind-on leaders. AFW/Hi-Seas ball bearing swivels and snap swivels from 80# to 500#. Flouro up to 130# and 4x live bait hooks for chunking in various sizes.

Remind me when I am in the store this weekend and I will give you Joey's contact info for Laceration Lures.

I just take a short video of my basement if that makes it easier Dan! waver

#202841 - 11/14/14 03:29 PM Re: Expanding Our Fishing Dept. [Re: Jersey Joe]
RSD Offline

Loc: toms river
I use stormr stryker on the boat I love it best gear I ever bought. I been to every tackle shop around and some. Im just recommending what all the busy shops have in common.

#202843 - 11/14/14 03:58 PM Re: Expanding Our Fishing Dept. [Re: RSD]
Lacey Marine Offline
Sponsor

Originally Posted By: RSD
I use stormr stryker on the boat I love it best gear I ever bought. I been to every tackle shop around and some. Im just recommending what all the busy shops have in common.

I have one of the gloves they make and like them a lot, I will def check them out, thanks!

#202861 - 11/15/14 06:48 AM Re: Expanding Our Fishing Dept. [Re: Lacey Marine]
Out Cast Offline
First Mate

Loc: NJ
Jersey Joe hit it on the button offshore would be great along with names jersey Joe mentioned. rsd what time u thinking 5 am open!

#202864 - 11/15/14 10:10 AM Re: Expanding Our Fishing Dept. [Re: Out Cast]
Lacey Marine Offline
Sponsor

Earlier hours is something we are going to work on this season. It's tough because I am here 12 hours a day as it is. Finding good, knowledgeable help is hard to find nowadays.

Moderator:  Lacey Marine 
BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
5/7 Fluke
Blue and bass
Black Drum
Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6810 Members
70 Forums
33446 Topics
219221 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM