Bsusk, BillStratton, 111, TBTFW, Calhoun87
6807 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#222948 - 09/14/16 11:21 AM 9/13/16 Lindy/Spencer
Capt Keith Offline
First Mate

Loc: Waretown,New Jersey
Decided to jump on a friends boat and head offshore with to check things out for upcoming trips. We left the dock at 1 am and headed to the Lindy area. We arrived just before first light there was about 20 boats there. Talked to a few friends that spent the night other than a few shark bites it was an uneventful night for those we spoke to. We set up on the troll and fished the Lindy for awhile then heard there were a few small 30" yellowfin caught in the Spencer we trolled that way . We did see 2 white marlin in our spread and had 2 tunna misses (1 on our spreader bar and 1 on our ballyhoo) on the way there. One of Bobs friends caught 3 small yellowfin ( best I heard of all day) we did get a 30" YFT in the Spencer and saw 3 others miss our baits. Later in the day we decided to jump some pots and caught 10 Mahi one was a solid gaffer the others were small.
There were plenty of boats fishing and staying the night I should get some more information tonight . It was pretty quiet overall where we were fishing.
I have several customers that want to go, it's hard for me to justify when fishing is like this.Hopefully the guys that stayed last night had some good fishing.

#222964 - 09/14/16 08:41 PM Re: 9/13/16 Lindy/Spencer [Re: Capt Keith]
Jersey Joe Offline

Loc: Brevard County, FL
It was a tough day up North too. We heard from a boat that had thirty white releases down your way today. Sounds like the white bite is on in a big way in our local canyons! We might give it a shot Sat/Sun if I can come up with guys that want to go for whites and not expect to come home with meat. We had a bunch come up over the two days we were out, but we weren't targeting them and prepared for them most of the time so we didn't end up with any releases. But two we raised were real big, good to see them in numbers of all sizes.

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
1 registered (Gene H), 119 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6807 Members
70 Forums
33426 Topics
219139 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM