111, TBTFW, Calhoun87, dfallon47, zinisk
6805 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#231853 - 08/08/17 07:41 PM Ocean fluke trip 8/12
James Gang Offline
Sponsor & Charter Captain

Loc: FORKED RIVER, NJ
Open boat fluke trip leaving at 6 30 on saturday. 100 per man, (Full). I plan on fishing some deeper spots 10 to 15 mile offshore. Jt

Edited by James Gang (08/11/17 02:24 PM)

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

#232020 - 08/13/17 06:19 PM Re: Ocean fluke trip 8/12 [Re: James Gang]
rtk Offline
First Mate

Loc: Pine Beach, NJ
Had a great time on this trip. Captain John & First Mate Mike ran a first rate trip. Awesome boat- what a pleasure to fish on- gotta get on this boat.

Been major wanting to do a wreck fluke trip and I had a blast. Some very nice size and quality fluke on the boat. Very interesting the mix of baits/jigs/lures that produced.

Truly enjoyed meeting y'all- John, Mike, Scott, Raphael, Lou (I think I kept calling you Sal), Paul.....I think that was the group....major apologies if I forgot anyone- getting on in days...

My Best,

Rich

#232031 - 08/14/17 09:20 AM Re: Ocean fluke trip 8/12 [Re: rtk]
Gustard Wood Offline

Loc: Forked River
Despite the iffy weather forecast, the day turned out great. A little wobbly in the AM with the wind coming from the OPPOSITE direction that our trusty weather people foretasted. Didn't matter though because JT keep's that awesome sled on top of the fishy bottom all day long. First Mate Mike kept the bait coming and the net in the water...Mike also gave us the lesson on how to put the first, and biggest, fluke of the day in the box! haha

In the end, plenty of meat for everyone! Great meeting and fishing with you guys!

#232092 - 08/16/17 02:02 PM Re: Ocean fluke trip 8/12 [Re: Gustard Wood]
James Gang Offline
Sponsor & Charter Captain

Loc: FORKED RIVER, NJ
Scott and Rich, thanks for the kind words. As Scott said, it was a little rough in the morning, but we pushed off to where we had fish last week out to the northeast. Around 11:30 am, the wind shut off and so did our drift.

We stayed on good bottom all day, but the conditions made it tough to catch with our drift staying a less than .2 knots. We ended up with 7 in the box and a bunch of shorts. Top fish of the day was around 25 inches.

When the drift died, Scott put on a jigging clinic, catching quite a few shorts and a keeper or two.

JT

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
1 registered (robert lay), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6805 Members
70 Forums
33423 Topics
219127 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM