Tiderunner, Bsusk, BillStratton, 111, TBTFW
6808 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83055 - 11/30/08 12:21 PM Fish Report 11/28-11/29
James Gang Offline
Sponsor & Charter Captain

Loc: FORKED RIVER, NJ
Friday I had an open boat trip with Greg(Fisher Moose) and his daughter and friend along with Rocky and Carl from the Fish Hawks. Fisher Moose's daughter Nicole gets top angler award for the trip.

She braved rough weather and a rocking boat, but quickly learned how to catch blackfish. She had a rookie showing that was better than 95% of the first timers that I've had on the boat, and landed numerous shorts and a 6 pounder.

The weather was snotty and conditions were tough, we even drifted back too quickly on our 2nd anchor line and briefly got it caught in the props. Our options were limited, but we did manage 21 keepers out of 100 or so landed.

Rocky took top honors with keepers and our largest fish was about 7-8 pounds. We fished two wrecks in 55 and 60 feet of water, with the deeper wreck producing more keepers.

Saturday, I had the Gary Deitzer party out along with BH member Walter(GrandeRose ) and we were greated with much better weather conditions. We started our day at the wreck in 60 feet that we ended up at Friday. We landed numerous shorts and 12 nice keepers with most in the 3-4 pound range.

With the nicer weather, I decided to head farther offshore and tried a wreck in 85 feet of water. We grappled it in the calm weather and quickly landed two 5 pounders. With the grapple, we weren't on the best part of the wreck, so we reset with double anchors, and that was the answer.

Big tog were on the feed. We fished for another hour and landed many quality 4-7 pound fish. Our final total was 31 keepers to a top fish of 8 pounds.

I have open boat trips for this Friday and Saturday. If interested, shoot me a PM.

JT

Edited by James Gang (12/01/08 09:55 AM)

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

#83089 - 12/01/08 07:03 AM Re: Fish Report 11/28-11/29 [Re: James Gang]
ReelNauti Offline
First Mate

Loc: Hewitt,NJ - Forked River
Way to go Nicky. It's not the firsttime she's outfished everyone else on the boat.

#83100 - 12/01/08 11:24 AM Re: Fish Report 11/28-11/29 [Re: ReelNauti]
James Gang Offline
Sponsor & Charter Captain

Loc: FORKED RIVER, NJ
Weather is looking iffy for Friday, but Saturday looks good for now. I have 3 spots filled, 2 open for Saturday.

JT

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Blue and bass
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Who's Online
4 registered (FinFan, bigal, Mich, Gene H), 191 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6808 Members
70 Forums
33438 Topics
219193 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM