6807 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77101 - 08/27/08 12:51 PM James Gang Crew and Equipment/Your Boat
James Gang Offline
Sponsor & Charter Captain

Loc: FORKED RIVER, NJ
YOUR BOAT, OUR CREW AND EQUIPMENT

I have received a few requests to run trips for guys new to the canyon or wreck fishing, so James Gang Sportfishing is offering another service in addition to Charters.

If you want to book an instructional trip on your boat, we will provide all or some of the following based on your needs:

1) Tackle including Rods, Reels, trolling gear.
2) Ground tackle including anchor and rode for canyon
3) Large cooler(bonar box) capable of holding 12+ fish
4) Sea surface, Chlorophyll, and weather charts for trip
5) Life raft and epirb
6) Chunking barrels, gaffs, squid net and jigs
7) Instruction on rigging for chunk or troll
8) Double anchor and instruction for wreck trips
9) Wire line Trolling rods for Bass/Bunker Spoons

We will bring all of this equipment to your boat(Ocean, Monmouth, Atlantic county). Service includes licensed captain and professional mate. We'll help cut bait and prepare boat prior to leaving the dock.

We will provide you with a recommended bait list or pick up the bait for you at cost.

Overnight Canyon trip $695
Bluefin trip $400
Inshore Wreck trip $300
Striped Bass/Wire Line/Bunker Spoons/Jigging/Live Bait $200

Edited by James Gang (09/29/08 10:40 PM)

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

#86378 - 01/22/09 10:41 PM Re: James Gang Crew and Equipment/Your Boat [Re: James Gang]
James Gang Offline

bump to top for 09 season

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

#87926 - 02/24/09 05:47 PM Re: James Gang Crew and Equipment/Your Boat [Re: James Gang]
Polar Dan Offline
First Mate

Loc: Seaside Park
Capt John,

Just noticed this post regarding your services on a customer's boat. This is something I've been interested in for a while. I have a 2008 Polar 27 WA with twin 225 Yamahas.. Before that I had a 30ft Proline. I do a lot of local fishing but never did the canyon and I'm trying to learn to anchor on the wrecks. When's a good time to start with wreck fishing? And how far would you go out on a 27ft boat? Boat goes in the water at the end of March. I have fully loaded electronics (Raymarine), head, 4 bunks, etc. No generator, yet....

Thanks,

Dan
DuraNautic 16 30hp

#87928 - 02/24/09 06:23 PM Re: James Gang Crew and Equipment/Your Boat [Re: Polar Dan]
Stay Sea Ann Offline
First Mate

Loc: new jersey WARETOWN
ANSWERS
1)ANYTIME
2)FLEMISH CAP
POLAR JUST HAD TO PUT THAT IN.IVE BEEN FISHING SEVERAL TIMES WITH CAPT. JOHN AND HE REALLY KNOWS THE AREAS INSHORE AND OFFSHORE.HIS SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE ARE EXCEPTIONAL,YOU WOULD BE LEARNING FROM ONE OF THE BEST.BY THE WAY HES ALSO GOOD PEOPLE.
WALTER

#89134 - 03/17/09 06:47 PM Re: James Gang Crew and Equipment/Your Boat [Re: Stay Sea Ann]
Polar Dan Offline
First Mate

Loc: Seaside Park
Thanks for the info. I plan on scheduling a trip to get some expert training.

Thanks

Dan
DuraNautic 16 30hp

#89150 - 03/18/09 06:22 AM Re: James Gang Crew and Equipment/Your Boat [Re: Polar Dan]
MCB Offline
First Mate

Loc: Central Jersey
I'm going out with The James Gang this Friday 3/20/09 wreck fishing. He still might have an open spot or two if you want to check his operation out.

#89242 - 03/18/09 10:40 PM Re: James Gang Crew and Equipment/Your Boat [Re: MCB]
James Gang Offline

Thanks for the comments guys.

Dan, I would be willing to help you anyway that I can. As Mike mentioned, we are sailing this Saturday(the weather turned on us for Friday), and I have two open spots.

As per your question as to how far off you should run, that comes with personal experience and comfort level. You should never push your own personal limit and comfort level.

With proper safety gear, dockside preparation, and detailed attention to weather forecasts, it is possible to make canyon runs with your boat.

I used to run a 29 Stamas CC with twin Yamaha 250s to the canyon, and had many successful trips. Know your actual usable fuel capacity and fuel burn rates in the worst sea conditions to start before venturing offshore. From there safety items come next, ie life raft, epirb, and ditch bag.

I remember my fisrt canyon trip on my own boat in 1990. Getting there and back was the most important part of my trip. The 2 yellowfin we caught trolling that day were a bonus.

JT

Edited by James Gang (03/18/09 10:44 PM)

Sponsor R.F.A

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
2 registered (ahab, evil one), 104 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6807 Members
70 Forums
33426 Topics
219139 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM