Bsusk, BillStratton, 111, TBTFW, Calhoun87
6807 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95737 - 05/31/09 11:24 PM Getting the boat back in the water Thursday
James Gang Offline
Sponsor & Charter Captain

Loc: FORKED RIVER, NJ
It's been a frustrating 3+weeks. Took the boat over on May 3rd for the annual haul out and had a fuel float go in one of my motors on the way to having it pulled.

Turns out Mercury Verados had their second recall on the floats and they were back ordered. Fishing the Harvey Cedars Fire Department bass tournament this weekend, and then will begin booking charters and open boat trips on Fridays.

June is mako time and I will be running 12 hour shark charters through July 4th for $695(weekdays) Maximum of 5 guys.

JT

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

#95784 - 06/01/09 11:50 AM Re: Getting the boat back in the water Thursday [Re: James Gang]
OneMoreDrift Offline
First Mate

Loc: Barnegat Bay
Sorry to hear about your problems, glad your back at it on Thursday. Enjoy reading your reports.

#96495 - 06/07/09 10:09 PM Re: Getting the boat back in the water Thursday [Re: OneMoreDrift]
James Gang Offline
Sponsor & Charter Captain

Loc: FORKED RIVER, NJ
One more Drift, glad you like the reports, but the first day back on the water was a bust. Fished for 10+ hours for bass on Saturday, covered the water from Seaside to Surf City and ended up with a skunk.

We found bunker a couple of miles south of the piers early Saturday morning, but there were no bass to be found. We trolled off Seaside, the bathing beach, just inshore of the tires, Harvey Cedars lump, along the beach near Harvey Cedars down to Ship Bottom, and had a big zero in all locations.

There will be more goods days on bass, but it's time to shift gears and start heading off 20+ fathoms and look for some Makos. This is one of my favorite types of fishing and I am running full blown shark trips to the 30-50 mile grounds for $695.

If you are interested, send me a PM or you can reach me at 732-684-5747.

Thanks JT

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
2 registered (raf3, Alexm225), 148 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6807 Members
70 Forums
33428 Topics
219145 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM