Bsusk, BillStratton, 111, TBTFW, Calhoun87
6807 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#96866 - 06/11/09 08:05 AM Well Pump
Empty Pocket$ Offline

Loc: Waretown
Fred,
I have a well that is only used for filling my pool and watering the lawn etc. I have city water for the house. I just bought the house and the pump on the well does not have an expansion tank. The former owner said that without that the water always needs to be running if the pump is on. Is it possible to add an expansion tank or does the pump need to be replaced? How much would this cost for this installation?

Thanks,
Glenn

#96906 - 06/11/09 11:19 AM Re: Well Pump [Re: Empty Pocket$]
fgriffin Offline
Sponsor

Loc: Barnegat, NJ
Glenn
The way the sprinkler should work is when they come on it sends a signal to the pump for the electric to come on. If it's set up this way you don't need a pressure tank. When adding water to the pool the sprinklers need to be on. Hope this helps if not get back to me and I can stop over.

#97236 - 06/15/09 07:45 AM Re: Well Pump [Re: fgriffin]
Empty Pocket$ Offline

Loc: Waretown
Fred,
Thanks for the reply. This pump is not hooked up to sprinklers. It is just a standalone pump that has 2 faucets on it. You basicly hook a hose directly to the pump and turn the pump on when you want to use the hose. The problem is that the water must be able to flow whle the pump is on. So I could not have a spray handle on the end of the hose, I would need to let the hose run while washing the car etc.

Thanks,
Glenn

BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
1 registered (bigal), 110 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6807 Members
70 Forums
33425 Topics
219131 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM