Topic Options
Rate This Topic
12103095011.jpg
Miss JoAnn still on her feet
Image Details
Poster Jersey Joe Offline
Posted 10/30/12 08:04 PM
Description
Well she is still upright...hopefully the running gear is wasted and she might not make out too bad. She was originally blocked up next to the little boat over the gunwale to the right of the travel lift upright in the background.

Best we can figure is that the four bilge pumps were actually able to keep up and she just got pushed back about 40' and wedged in between the Riddler on the travel lift and a few other boats. My friends didn't go downstairs (they could remember the combination to the lock) but the hatches they had checked looked pretty decent.

I will be in the Point Boro/Brick area sometime tomorrow, hopefully sooner than later if anyone wants me to check in on a boat, house or loved one let me know.
Dimensions 800x600
Size 301.32 KB
UBBCode
Thumbnail
Medium
Full

Comments
#168892 - 10/30/12 10:14 PM Re: Miss JoAnn still on her feet [Re: Jersey Joe]
Dave "O" Offline
First Mate

Loc: Colts Neck / Waretown
I'm happy for you Joe...Could have been much worse.

“The key to Christian life is not what you can do for God but what you’re willing to let God do through you.” ~ Henry Blackaby

#168895 - 10/30/12 11:30 PM Re: Miss JoAnn still on her feet [Re: Dave "O"]
Eric Offline
Captain

Loc: Monmouth County
Great news about your boat Joe. I would ask you to check on my house but I dont think they will let you anywhere near Normandy Beach

#168914 - 10/31/12 08:27 AM Re: Miss JoAnn still on her feet [Re: Eric]
Jersey Joe Offline

Loc: Brevard County, FL
Not sure I would call it great news yet...still have to get in there to check the bottom, if the running gear is shot and interior flooded it will most likely be totaled by insurance. Plus with salt water sitting in the engine beds and up the motors for days they will be shot too. I hope to get down there today, the canal tide gauge is down another two feet so hopefully the water is receding.

#168918 - 10/31/12 09:58 AM Re: Miss JoAnn still on her feet [Re: Jersey Joe]
CGP Offline
Captain

Loc: Hamilton N.J.
Sorry to hear good luck
I'LL BE BACK

#168975 - 10/31/12 09:00 PM Re: Miss JoAnn still on her feet [Re: CGP]
Jersey Joe Offline

I was able to get down, wasn't any traffic but figuring out what roads were open up here and then down there was tough...thank god for GPS...saw some neighborhoods didn't know existed. It could have been a lot worse, so far from what we can tell there is home hull damage where she came down on the travel lift, soem rub rail ripped off, lift rail broken off, bent rudder, not sure about the shafts, props and struts yet as well as some scratches and rub marks. The big question is how bad the stringers and bulkheads are. The way she sits right now twisted from bow to stern is over 2' of twist! If you keep the bow level starboard portion of the stern is twisted down and to the right by that much.

The marina has a crane coming in Monday and they will start picking up and re-blocking boats to untangle them and figure out what all the damage is. Most of the docks are gone, some pilings missing, almost all the power towers on the docks are gone and our freezer is upside down...that should smell really good in another couple of days. There are a couple of boats that can not be located and two that didn't start out in the marina.

When I get Internet back I will post a bunch of pictures. What they are showing on the news is one thing but until you drive through some of these towns if you don't live in the area it is just unimaginable.

#168983 - 10/31/12 10:07 PM Re: Miss JoAnn still on her feet [Re: Jersey Joe]
Rayn Offline

Loc: Forked River
Joe
Where is this marina at and what is the name of it.

Thanks
We're at Lanoka Harbor marina

Ray

#168986 - 10/31/12 10:43 PM Re: Miss JoAnn still on her feet [Re: Rayn]
Jersey Joe Offline

Forsberg's in Point Pleasant. Arnold's and Comstock's which are right next to us were just as bad if not worse. There was a brand new Jupiter that ended up 3 maybe 4 blocks down the road from the dealership where it was blocked.

#169024 - 11/01/12 01:39 PM Re: Miss JoAnn still on her feet [Re: Jersey Joe]
jack sprat Offline
Captain

Loc: Pemberton, New Jersey
Hey Joe .I hope you make out ok..Brick got battered up pretty good..My neighbor on Fairview has a 35` cruiser half in his pool and yard..good luck and let us know.

#169037 - 11/01/12 03:51 PM Re: Miss JoAnn still on her feet [Re: jack sprat]
Jersey Joe Offline

Thanks, going to try and make another run down with supplies, groceries, ice and gas for family and friends...hardest thing to find is gas sine the refineries here are pretty much all wiped out. Some gas coming in from out of state and the Gov. and President OK'd gas without additives and less clean burning fuel to be trucked in so hopefully some gas relief is coming.

Moderator:  Capt. Bill, jim, JoeK, Victoria 
BFH News
We Support
Latest Gallery Posts
Black Drum
11/26 Stripers
Black Friday 2023
Who's Online
2 registered (Reel Work, barry b), 99 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
6807 Members
70 Forums
33426 Topics
219136 Posts

Max Online: 469 @ 02/02/24 04:00 PM