i get alot of critism from people on occasion,and i found this one really funny,i was called a "parts changer" by some gentleman who thought it was an acceptable repair to fill the hole in the hull,left by an old transducer with a carrage bolt,2 flat washers and 3m 5200...i kid you not,this guy was dead serious...i'm not making fun of anyone here,and i'm certainly not tryng to boost my ego,but,let's be serious,here...this is kinda scary,a guy like this could be you dock neighbor...some of these guys actually believe you can repair a leaking gas tank by filling the holes with marine tex and covering the tank in fiberglass matt-again,think about that,pretty scary huh idea?
the idea here is,if someone gives you advice on repairing your boat,ask that person what he or she does for a living,if they're not in a trade,like automomechanics,or somehting like that,ask them why they are not...ever notice the guys who know the most,these guys are not in any trade idea? why is that idea? if they know so much about repairing things,why don't they work at that for a living idea? makes sense huh idea?
basically what i'm saying is,be careful who you ask for advice on your boat,a person like the above mentioned,may be the guy giving you advice...