I finally have to minute to respond, sorry for waiting so long. I have not fluke fished in years (not my thing) and I've never bottom fished in my life. That being said I am well aware that many members on this board have never fished for Tuna, Sharks, Mahi, Marlin, Swordfish, etc. I would guess that before this year there are also members that never caught a striped bass (maybe they never even tried).

I like the idea of individual categories. In my case, why would I want to anti up ten bucks or even a hundred bucks towards bottom fishing (fluke, seabass, etc)? By the same token, why would a surf fisherman or a kayak guy want to enter a tuna category?

As much as I hate to admit it, I only fished about twelve days this year (all but once on my boat). Some members on this board probably fish more than seventy days a year. Not sure guys like me have a chance of winning a year long tournament? I have won the bluefish category in the past, but that was before my son played baseball on four traveling teams (spring, summer and fall) and I coached my daughters softball team during the spring.

For 2012 I'm hoping to get more time on the water, no more softball coach and my son is now driving. More likely than not I'll join whatever tournament this site offers if it includes species I normally target.