guess I haven't logged in recently , sorry about that. wow, where to begin? First , thank you for all the positive feed back. I have worked in the automobile business for over twenty years, eight of which at Lester Glenn.Its only the past eight years that I don't mind bumping into folks outside of work due to being embarrassed about the line of work im in. With that being said, yes we put an addendum (a charge for any additional charges) on the window of new cars for door edge guards , pinstriping, bed liners on pick ups & sometimes leather, and other upgrades. why you ask ?
Its a negotiation tool would be my first reply.Most new cars (especially entry level) have less than a 500.00 margin , and most folks want more for their trade than they are really worth.
in addition, if I had a solid white car I would see value in a pinstripe, if I parked in parking lots where it was possible to open my door into others I would want edge guards.
But putting all that aside, I cant recall a customer ever paying for those two items, does anyone know of someone who has paid list for a new car? Boat? of course not. Next time your in the market Binmac I would love the opportunity.

Edited by billyt (04/28/15 07:03 PM)