Thanks for the comments guys.

Dan, I would be willing to help you anyway that I can. As Mike mentioned, we are sailing this Saturday(the weather turned on us for Friday), and I have two open spots.

As per your question as to how far off you should run, that comes with personal experience and comfort level. You should never push your own personal limit and comfort level.

With proper safety gear, dockside preparation, and detailed attention to weather forecasts, it is possible to make canyon runs with your boat.

I used to run a 29 Stamas CC with twin Yamaha 250s to the canyon, and had many successful trips. Know your actual usable fuel capacity and fuel burn rates in the worst sea conditions to start before venturing offshore. From there safety items come next, ie life raft, epirb, and ditch bag.

I remember my fisrt canyon trip on my own boat in 1990. Getting there and back was the most important part of my trip. The 2 yellowfin we caught trolling that day were a bonus.

JT

Edited by James Gang (03/18/09 10:44 PM)

When asked where did we catch the fish, it's always in the same place, the lip.....

Sponsor R.F.A