Originally Posted By: Retriever
I thought it was a gag photo !!!! mmmmm..... maybe it's used as an aid when backing the boat into a slip :-)?

hey bob ! good talking with you yesterday !!

i'll put up a few pictures of the bertram,launched,sea trialed and ready to roll....

if you guys seen half of the stuff i see on a regular basis you would write a book...

true story here...

i put an autopilot on a customer's boat,i take them out for the sea trial,to check the unit and expalin how it works to them-new boat owners.i explain,i interface the pilot into the navnet,set a waypoint,the pilot will follow it,by doing this...i explain,the pilot will run the boat,all you have to do,is make sure nothing's in the way between you and where you're headed...the owner states,the pilot won't steer around it idea?

i had a job from another glass shop,this shop attempted to make a 23 mako inboard into a 26' mako inboard,they added 3 feet to the boat,cut out the transom,"sistered" the stringers...i put a screwdriver through the boat,with minimal effort,needless to say,that boat was hauled to the dump...

again,trust me guys,i've seen some real good ones...

all time best-i was telling capt bob this yesterday...

seen a few guys who actually fiberglass coat a leaking aluminum fuel tank-then brag their repair is much better than new...